Powerley is looking for a passionate Android developer who will lead the development of the Powerley mobile application that our customers will use every day. You will work closely with world-class designers, firmware engineers, and server-side API developers to create an elegant experience across the Android ecosystem of mobile devices.
In addition to writing great code, our perfect candidate is someone who is committed to pushing the boundaries of a great consumer app in the home energy management space.
- Deep understanding of Java and the Android development environment, including Android Studio and the gradle build system.
- Extensive experience developing applications leveraging remote XML/JSON data accessed via RESTful web services.
- Knowledge of SSL/TLS protocols and certificates.
- Up-to-date on modern Android development, including use of fragments and the AppCompat library.
- Experience working on Android applications that span a wide-variety of sizes, Android OS versions, and display densities.
- Meticulous attention to detail to accurately implement custom designs that scale to any screen size and form factor.
- 1 + year experience of Android development