Powerley is looking for an experienced Data Engineer, with a focus on visualization, that will be leading and mentoring a team that bridges Data Science with DevOps to deliver frontend web interfaces to end customers. This role includes hands-on development, contributing to database design, tool selection, API design/execution, and ETL jobs that process and manage data. In addition to backend services, there will also be a focus on front end web development for Powerley’s Advisor feature, using React. You will be collaborating with DevOps and Data Science teams frequently and will be the team that is responsible for turning our architecture and data into value-added services for the organization.
The role also includes mentorship and leadership responsibilities, as this role will be growing and mentoring our current data engineering resources as well as building the team from both a personnel and process perspective.
- Define data engineering strategy, with well-defined roadmaps and process to achieve department goals.
- Lead the architecture design and development of Powerley’s data storage and APIs.
- Build front end UI in Powerley Advisor using React and other web technologies.
- Identify opportunities that will help team members to reach their stretch goals and individual career objectives
- Use meticulous attention to detail to accurately implement custom designs that scale to any screen size and form factor in Powerley Advisor.
- Provide project plans and remove blockers to allow the team to work efficiently on their tasks
- Identify and forecast company and project risks to avoid ‘firedrills’ and potential disasters before they happen
- Employ agile based development methodologies
- Empower team members to support continuous improvement and simplification of technology and underpinning stacks
- Support team’s ability to deliver technology initiatives on schedule and with the highest quality
- SQL (Postgres, SQL Server)
- Building and managing REST APIs
- Experience with Cloud Computing platform
- Distributed systems (e.g. Hadoop, Spark)