Powerley is looking for an experienced data scientist with strong statistical and predictive modelling capabilities paired with business strategy skills. This person will be a very curious individual who enjoys diving deep beneath the surface to drive the development of the algorithms necessary to inform and enhance the product and user experience, and succinctly communicate that information, both verbally and visually. You will work closely with world-class engineers and developers to pair the insights derived from the algorithms developed with a great design and user experience to provide actionable information and insights. Finally, the analyst will need to understand how the products are developed and even more important, as big data touches the privacy of consumers, they need to have a set of ethical responsibilities.
In addition to being a data whiz, our perfect candidate is someone who is driven to solve challenging problems while collaborating with a great team to do it.
- Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Fluency in R or Python
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience developing custom visualizations using frameworks such as seaborn, ggplot, and Shiny
- Broad background with various statistical methodologies as regression, classification, time series, and neural networks
- Willingness to be flexible and work in a demanding environment, while managing work autonomously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to distill complex analytical concepts into concise explanations
- Experience with tools for distributing computing such as Spark and Hadoop
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Experience with cloud computing frameworks such as AWS
Please take a couple minutes to download the DTE Insight Application we created. When applicable, request an energy bridge. This will help you familiarize yourself with our product.