Powerley is looking for an experienced leader with strong statistical and predictive modelling capabilities paired with business strategy skills to head up Powerley’s Data Science team. This person will be charged with driving the company’s data science strategy, understanding the company objectives, customer needs, and business opportunities to craft a roadmap that will deliver on Powerley’s ambitious goals in the energy management space.
As a successful candidate, you will work closely with product and development leadership to understand the possibilities of the data and how you can lead a team of Data Scientists to unlock that potential. Finally, the Data Science team lead will need to understand how the products are developed and even more important, as big data touches the privacy of consumers, they need to have a set of ethical responsibilities to ensure the data is being managed in a responsible way.
In addition to being a leader in the world of data sciences, our perfect candidate is driven to solve challenging problems while collaborating with a talented team to do it.
- Bachelors and Masters degrees in data science and related disciplines such as data science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, operational research, computer science, physics, or related fields
- Experience building, mentoring, and managing high-performing data science teams
- A desire to guide team members on how to best use large data sets to assist the team in identifying opportunities for optimization and recommending advanced models to evaluate the effectiveness of options
- A broad knowledge and understanding of advanced statistical, machine learning, and/or data mining techniques and the associated analytically oriented programming languages such as Python (NumPy, Pandas, PyTorch, TensorFlow, or XGBoost) and SQL
- Advanced working knowledge of AWS tools and services for data science and big data, e.g., ECS, Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis, SageMaker
- Proven experience developing, deploying, and monitoring scalable AI/ML models
- Extensive knowledge of statistical methodologies such as regression, classification, time series, and neural networks
- Experience with advanced quantitative and statistical analysis skills to solve business problems and provide practical business insight using data and a quantitative or scientific approach
- Willingness to be flexible and work in a demanding environment while overseeing the work of multiple team members, including offshore resources
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to distill complex analytical concepts into concise explanations
- PhD in a quantitative field strongly preferred
- Experience helping mature data science processes (architecting data pipelines, managing large amounts of data, etc.)
- Experience within the energy space, working with or familiarity with energy usage information
Please take a couple minutes to download the DTE Insight Application we created. When applicable, request an energy bridge. This will help you familiarize yourself with our product.
Powerley offers a competitive compensation package, consisting of salary, bonus opportunity, equity, 401k with matching, and benefits to all team members.
Sound like you and what you’re looking for? Drop us a note with your resume and salary requirements by applying online at www.powerley.com.
Powerley is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.