The Project Manager ensures projects are completed on time, on budget, within scope, and of the highest overall quality. As a Project Manager you will provide project plans and remove blockers to allow the team to work efficiently on their tasks.
Documentation of APIs, technical architecture, and fully understanding the technical landscape of Powerley’s solution will be key to ensure success within this role. You will be able to identify and forecast company and project ‘fire drills’ and potential disasters before they happen.
As Powerley is moving quick, this individual must be able to quickly launch products and features, and evolve the content as feedback comes in. Finally, the Project Manager must have a desire to work together with a passionate team to help solve complex problems.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to analyze business opportunities and problems, and develop project proposal justifications which include proposed solutions, strategic rationale, and cost/benefit analyses, success measures, broad implications, milestones, critical success factors, initial risk assessments, and alternatives considered
- Manage project plans to scope, identifying and implementing corrective action plans to meet scope, time, and cost constraints
- Maintain project org charts and provide calendar support, scheduling, managing logistics of meetings, prepare and distribute minutes, follows up on any next steps to assure completion
- Lead project teams through all the project phases and guides team in prioritizing work based upon knowledge of customer requirements, project schedule, and various dependencies
- Document APIs and technical architecture of components for internal and third party use
- Lead multiple projects of varying complexity concurrently, which can include virtual team members, strong understanding of MS Office Suite, include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering, or related field
- Prior project management experience, with a focus in the software space and Agile methodology
- Experience working in the energy efficiency space, especially tools and/or services to drive energy waste reduction
- Excellent documentation skills to be able to clearly understand the product, define it, and generate the product requirements
- Knowledge of project management tools, such as MS Project or Dapulse
- Ability to manage resources, both internal and external, for purposes of resource planning and forecasting
- Experienced at developing business cases for potential products, including evaluating market potential and opportunity and incorporating upside and risk in analysis
- Understand product lifecycle, including the ability to synthesize feedback from customers and users to determine effectiveness and drive optimization
Please take a couple minutes to download the DTE Insight Application we created. When applicable, request an energy bridge. This will help you familiarize yourself with our product.