A key member of the Finance team, Powerley is looking for a Staff Accountant to provide support to the Finance department by managing daily accounting tasks. The candidate will play a crucial role to maintain the accuracy and integrity of Powerley’s books and records, while increasing the overall internal control environment.
The ideal candidate will have 0 – 4 years relevant experience and education that provides a strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting principles and a high attention to detail. The individual must have a passion to learn new processes and gain new skills.
This role will work closely with the Controller, has a high level of visibility within the organization and potential for growth.
- Manage Accounts Receivable functions, including invoicing and collections
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Assist in the order to cash process by applying customer payments and deposits and reconciling accounts receivable, identifying any collections issues
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statement and other financial statements according to U.S. GAAP.
- Review purchase orders & contracts to ensure accuracy when billing & entering Into ERP
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist Controller to perform monthly, quarterly and annual closing procedures
- Assist with other accounting projects to promote efficiency and best practices
- Other accounting/finance functions as needed
- Some corporate experience is preferred but not necessarily a requirement.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting principles
- ERP experience. Netsuite a plus
- Invoicing, preferably within a SaaS environment, a plus
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel & Office suite
- Qualifications (CPA) is a plus but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance